Welcome to Watching Asia Blog!

This is a place where you can find reviews of movies belonging to East Asian (China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan) and South Asian Cinema (India). The reviews are about the cinematic classics, movies that have recently come out, as well as rare films you have probably never heard of before. In addition, there are also some special reviews and articles connected with the topic of Asian cinematography. In total, a lot of stuff to talk about. The blog is intended for people who are already into Asian Cinema as well as the ones new to the topic, who would like to get some information first and see which films are worth checking out.
I made this blog purely due to my own pleasure of watching Asian films. The reviews are written from a personal, very subjective, point of view. If you as a reader are of different opinion, you are entitled to your own thoughts and if you want to share them, write a comment under a review or an article. However, there are some things which shall not be tolerated here. These are:
  1. All instances of hatred, trolling, and attack on other users. You have the right to constructive criticism, but if someone doesn't agree with you, he or she is not your enemy by default.
  2. Abusive language, obviously.
  3. Spam. If you want to promote your blog or site, it’s fine by me, but if you write a comment just for this purpose then let it go. How would you feel if someone wrote something like that under your own work.
  4. Sexual content. The Internet is long and wide with many sites designed solely for this purpose, so kindly see yourself out.
On the left sidebar you can find pages with RSS feed, region labels (India, China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea), methods of subscription to be up to date, and references to other sites (where I also post, blogs I follow, etc.). On the right sidebar there is a full list of reviewed movies and other (dramas, anime) divided by countries and other categories.
The blog is updated on a monthly basis (every month). There should be more than one update per month, but, due to unforeseen circumstances, new content may appear later (see updates schedule in Announcements).

About Me
Privately, I’m a regular movie buff who has a soft spot for Asian culture. Professionally, I’m a PhD student. Watching films and reading books are my creature comforts. While watching a Hindi film called Mammo, I thought to myself that not only can I watch films but write about them as well. In consequence, I set up this blog for you, the readers who want to get to know something about Asian cinema. If you have any suggestions about my blog or just want to leave a feedback, please do this via comments and contact me. I frequently update the blog only with one review simply because I don’t have enough time for more submissions. However, I don’t want my work to overshadow my interests, thus the blog will always be updated every month with at least one review.