138 Reviews: Where this blog is and Where it is going (Update)

Another year has passed. I had quite a few ups and downs during 2019, but I will remember this year very positively. Things significantly improved for me professionally as well as personally. In terms of blogging and my fascination with Asian Cinema, I have been more active in 2019 than ever before.
In my last year’s update, I wrote about the beginnings of this blog and my tough personal journey through the years. The year 2018 marked a huge catharsis for me. I am still a member of MyDramaList, a wonderful community focused on brining out the best Asian dramas and movies, and I continuously contribute my editorials there. However, I eventually decided to delete my Tumblr account because of the increasingly stringent policies of that site. After getting persuaded by a friend, I set up a Facebook page, but only to promote blog posts and my work on other sites. Speaking of which, in the second of half of 2019, I joined Asian Movie Pulse and Asian Film Fans, two great sites devoted to Asian Cinema. In terms of the latter one, I volunteered to help out two wonderful guys with the site itself and its Youtube channel. In consequence, you can expect some video materials from me, but rest assured, I will not abandon the blog.
What’s more to add? I am also active on Reddit, so if you want to see my adventures with VHS, City Pop, or Initial D, then you can follow my profile there as well. In addition, I kept my promise from the last update and put out reviews of not only films, but also dramas (3 reviews) and anime (9 reviews). A new section (Taiwan) was also created. I hope that I will be able to expand with new sections and types of reviews.
That’s it for the moment. Just as I wrote last year, Thank You for being here, reading my opinions, and most importantly, appreciating the grandeur of Eastern Cinema. I wish you all the best and Godspeed! Stay warm, keep safe, and always shot for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is switched on due to recent spam postings.