193 Reviews and Counting (Blog Update)

Phew, 2020 is nearing its end. I think it’s safe to say that everybody wants to forget about this year and looks forward to upcoming (and hopefully better) 2021. Because of the pandemic, my workload increased which led me to making a couple of sacrifices.
That is to say, due to increasing time constraints, I had to withhold my contributions to both AsianFilmFans and AsianMoviePulse. Together with running this blog as well as submitting editorials to MyDramaList, I simply did not have enough time and strength to regularly send articles to other sites. I hope that this will change in 2021.
However, with regard to the blog itself, I feel very proud that I managed to publish almost 70 posts throughout the year, which is an outstanding record considering my whimsical writing capabilities. I sincerely hope that I will manage to keep up the update tempo for as long as possible.
In terms of updates themselves, I want to write a bit more about dramas, anime, and Tokusatsu films/shows in the future, but regular movie reviews as well as sporadic editorials will always constitute the core of this blog. In addition, I also toy with the idea of reviewing North Korean productions (either in a traditional blog forms or as Youtube videos) if not to analyse the social-realist aesthetics, then just for laughs.
Still, a few more positive things have happened this year: 1) The number of (feed and mail) subscribers is increasing, 2) I managed to write a guest article about Meiko Nakahara for Kayo Kyoku Plus blog, 3) Finally finished my dream project of doing a fan commentary on Battle Angel Alita OVA, 4) Started a subreddit on Yoko Oginome, 5) Completed a collab article on Shinobu Yaguchi.
That’s it for the moment. Just as I wrote last year, Thank You for being here, reading my opinions, and most importantly, appreciating the grandeur of Eastern Cinema. I wish you all the best and Godspeed! Stay warm, keep safe, and always shoot for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is switched on due to recent spam postings.