Seven Years On [Blog Update]

Hello and welcome dear readers to the annual blog update. Honestly, I can’t believe that it has been seven years since I set up this blog and started posting. A lot of stuff happened to me in the meantime for sure, but I have always felt motivated to write whenever some kind soul left a like or a comment under a review/article.
This latter half of 2022 was especially challenging to me in terms of personal life, which affected the frequency of updates in November and December. Still,I did manage to pull off my desired quota of 52 posts for 52 weeks of a year. The idea is to do the same for the upcoming year.
Evidently, I did not forget about articles as well. I have yet to finish my Rising Sun over Hollywood: American Imaginings of the Japanese Setting in Cinema series with parts 2 and 3. What is more, I will release throughout January my reviews of Nobuhiko Obayashi’s films plus more thoughts on the Heisei Godzilla flicks. I also intend to write a new article devoted to Obayashi for AsianFilmFans, and an article focusing on Haruki Murakami adaptations for MyDramaList. This is the rough plan for the first half of 2023, and I sincerely hope that I will be able to have sufficient free time to complete these passion projects.
Rest assured, I will continue to update the blog itself. I realise that after seven years, its appearance may be a bit dated, but I do not have the necessary strength and stamina to go deep inside the HTML labyrinth and do a complete makeover of the site. Maybe sometime in the distant future…
Well, that’s it from me. As I wrote the previous year, Thank You for being here. Running this blog for the past few years has been a humbling experience which allowed me to stay sane in the midst of real-life insanity. I send you warmest wishes. Please keep on appreciating the grandeur of East Asian Cinema.
 
«Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts by following us»

2 comments:

  1. I'm still working on getting my replies through, but I did figure it out for now lol.

    Congrats to you for maintaining and publishing on this site for seven years! That's super impressive!

    I'm looking forward to your posts, and future articles. The Murakami Haruki post I will be sure to comment on MDL! I've been meaning to write my own thoughts on the subject, but excited to see yours thoughts first!

    Lastly, Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Rise for a kind comment on New Year's Day! :)

      Please do write your own thoughts on Murakami! I'm not really sure when I'll be able to the write-up (hopefully this February). I want to re-read some of the books and stories to have them fresh in my mind. The inspiration for this article came from my mixed thoughts on Drive My Car.

      Happy New Year to you as well and thank you!

      Delete

Comment moderation is switched on due to recent spam postings.