Godzilla at the Oscars [Editorial]

Forgive me, but I wanted to make a quick celebratory post about Godzilla Minus One winning an Academy Award for the Best Visual Effects. Yay! :)

     I know I’m late to the party, but I just wanted to say that this award was deservedly earned by the creative team led by director Takashi Yamazaki. It is really touching and refreshing at the same time to see a creator who had a specific vision for a cinematic icon he cares about, and he was able to fulfil his vision without the studio interference (and on a small budget).
     If you are (like me) hungry for more behind the scenes information about Godzilla Minus One, then please refer to the following videos I found on Youtube. The first one is, obviously, the grand moment of Yamazaki and the team receiving an Oscar. It’s so cute that not only the director, but also others had Godzilla action figures with them. These figures were the real awards for sure!
The second video is an after-ceremony interview with the press. It is interesting because Yamazaki refers to the prospective home video release of the film, and the attitude of Warner Bros towards Godzilla Minus One in view of their upcoming 5th Godzilla MonsterVerse flick.
This video, on the other hand, is a goldmine of information about the making of the film. Please set aside a free hour for yourselves and watch it. Yamazaki provides a lot of interesting details and funny trivia, which I don’t want to spoil.
In addition, I’m throwing in a bonus, which is a joint video of Yamazaki and Gareth Edwards. It’s nice that the two met each other, but I was expecting something more, like a bromance with kissing and hugging! Still, it’s awesome to see a guy who reintroduced Godzilla to American audiences ten years ago and a guy who reinvigorated the franchise in 2024.
Last but least, Yamazaki actually had a chance to interview Christopher Nolan due to the release of Oppenheimer in Japan, and the director had some warm words to say about Godzilla. Unfortunately, Yamazaki's questions were not translated to English.
All things considered, I think this is my final geek-out post about Godzilla Minus One. I have already watched Yamazaki’s Always: Sunset on Third Street parts 2 and 3, but I have yet to review them. Unfortunately, I have very little free time recently not only because of work, but also because of the fact that I seriously try my strengths at creative writing. As a result, this activity consumes the usual time I had for writing reviews. Still, I remember about the blog, and I don’t want to abandon it. Thank you for reading.
«Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts by following us»

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is switched on due to recent spam postings.