It’s Tough Being a Blog Writer: Post Scriptum

Well, this is not really a traditional editorial, but more like an uncalled-for blog update. I’m just touching base with the readers in order to explain (as I shyly mentioned in some of the earlier posts) that I am not particularly active because of work responsibilities and personal life.
In addition, even though I do have a little free time each week, I try to devote it to conquering some new challenges. Writing reviews and articles is essentially non-fiction that communicates an opinion, but in 2024 I decided to get out of my comfort zone and, for the first time, try creative writing (so, short stories, poetry, and even an attempt at a novel). Even though this activity is very time-consuming, and I realise it is a big effort for little gain, it gives immense pleasure and strength, so I intend to focus on this.
That being said, I don’t want to throw my blog content down the drain, Indeed, it can be quite discouraging to see a comment notification that is just old, plain spam, but the visitors’ traffic is satisfactory to me, and the blog has actually been cited on wikipedia two times this past year. I never cared about wikipedia, and I found out about this by accident, but it’s quite heartwarming to see that someone actually decided to include my thoughts on specific movie profile pages.
In addition, East Asia Resource Center in Washington composed a bulky overview of Chinese Cinema in 2022, and they also included one of my reviews. Again, nobody contacted me about this, but as long as people appropriately cite my blog and give proper source, I am fine with the inclusions.
To conclude, I do wish to come back to writing reviews, and I hope I will be able to do so at the end of April. I have two movies sitting on the proverbial shelf that I want to discuss, and then I may focus on finally sitting down and reviewing some of the sequels to popular movies, which I forgot to talk about previously. Thanks for sticking around and I wish you all the best.
«Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts by following us»

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is switched on due to recent spam postings.